Saturday, January 12, 2013

You did it!

Hey y'all!! I'm just stopping in to share a card, I made for Casual Fridays challenge! I had A LOT of fun with this card! :)



Normally, challenges seem to get me somewhat in a bind, at times. My mind isn't always clear on what to do...or even how to do, certain things I'm picturing in my head. Well, that has changed! Especially, with this card!



I used only ONE stamp! And that was my sentiment. I got a little creative....For my green circles, I used the top of a pencil eraser. For my black 'slashed' circle, I used the top of a lid to a bottle of flowers. For my pink 'splashes' of ink, I used a mini mister, which I added water to with some drops of ink. I mixed it up, and on a scrap piece of paper, sprayed it down (which I didn't press all the way down) and then held it there and pressed again (over my card), leaving me with tiny slashes, rather than a whole lot of 'splash'.

Thank you for stopping by and enjoy your day!! :)

9 comments:

  1. What a wonderfully creative card, Shelly!! Love how you made all your pops of color and your circle...perfectly paired with your senitment!! So happy that you were a part of the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design! This would be great at the Moxie Fab home made stamp challenge too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh this is beautiful, simple, trendy and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great CAS card and I love your process to create it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome CAS card! Superb splatters and circle! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card, very creative ways of making your own stamps too! I am going to have to try that mister trick - usually I just pull the tube out and flick onto the cardstock but this technique looks awesome on your card!

    ReplyDelete